Appeals Procedure & Timeline for Year 7 Admissions September 2022
Right of Appeal
Parents have a right of appeal to an independent appeal panel in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2021) as it applies to maintained schools.
Appeals for admission to Wellfield Academy will be held in accordance with the Schools Admission Appeals Code (2021) and the Wellfield Academy Admissions Policy 2022-2023, which is available here Wellfield High School - Lancashire County Council.
If you wish to follow the Appeals procedure, please complete the appropriate Appeals Form online here Secondary school appeals - Lancashire County Council by Friday 11th March 2022.
Process to Appeal to gain a place at Wellfield Academy 2022
Parents need to complete the Appeal form which can be found Secondary school appeals - Lancashire County Council by Friday 11th March 2022.
Please also read the guidance notes here Secondary school appeals guidance notes - Lancashire County Council.
Once an Appeals form is completed online, parents are asked also to let the school know that they have appealed for a place at our school by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
On receiving the Appeal form, Lancashire County Council will send an email to acknowledge receipt to the person applying for a school place.
Wellfield Academy will then forward the following forms to Lancashire County Hall no later than Friday 1st April 2022. Please note that Lancashire County Council will already have your Appeals Form.
1. The school’s Representation case
2. The school’s Admission Policy
3. A County Hall Form (Form B)
A hearing will then be arranged by LCC during the period from the 30th May to 10th June 2022.
Timetable of Appeals
- Appellants to use the online form here Secondary school appeals - Lancashire County Council to appeal for a place at Wellfield Academy by Friday 11th March.
- Appeal hearing which will be held within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appellants will be informed in writing of the date and arrangements of the appeal hearing no less than 10 school days before the hearing.
- Following the appeal hearing, Appellants will be informed of the decision of the panel within 5 school days of the hearing, wherever possible.
Appeal Hearing Dates are scheduled to be held virtually between 30th May and 10th June 2022.